Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Changes

I mentioned in a previous blog post that life is all about seasons.  I am excited to say that our little family is about to enter an exciting new season.  Through much prayer, my husband and I have decided that I will retire from the boardroom setting for awhile and stay home with my kids on a full time basis.  I am absolutely thrilled about this!  It has been very bittersweet as I’ve told my boss, my team and other co-workers.  I’ve choked up a few times as I’ve made my announcement.  I’ve spent the last 8.5 years of my life at this company and have made some wonderful friends!  However, I am anxious to be able to savor this time a bit more while my children are so young.  I know I will never regret this.

I have no idea how long this season will last.  I’m leaving the details to God.  He’s told us that He will work them out J  I would welcome your prayers as I make this transition to full time motherhood in just a few short weeks. 

On a side note, in case you are wondering if this now means that my house will be clean on a more regular basis, I can assure you it does not.  My working outside the home has very little to do with its cleanliness.  I am just a messy housekeeper and unfortunately that fact doesn’t bother me L

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and the kids Michaela!! Of course you will NEVER regret this decision...how could you with kids like yours to be home with all day:) Love you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, MJ! God's got this--He'll let you know when your "maternity leave" is up! I was blessed to have a 10-year maternity leave, and I wouldn't trade it for all the retirement benefits in the world!! Blessings to your sweet family!!!
    Aunt Nance xoxo

    ReplyDelete