Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodnight, Baby!

I just put my youngest to bed with a touch of sadness.  When she wakes in the morning she will no longer be my baby, but my one year old!  Wow!  What an amazing year.  It is beyond my understanding how 12 months can pass so quickly.  Celebrating first birthdays is always a bittersweet moment for me.  On the one hand, I absolutely love the 12-18 month stage.  It is my absolute favorite.  On the other hand, the first birthday marks a big milestone and the end of the baby phase.  I have no desire to relive the baby stage (I have very needy babies) but there will be no more first smile, first roll, first tooth, first clap, etc.  Sweet memories!  In the midst of the chaos of three kids, it is easy to see why God calls children our rewards.  So true!  Nighty, night.      

1 comment:

  1. So I haven't been very good keeping up with this, but wow! A year already! You have a beautiful family, in every way!

    ReplyDelete