Friday, March 4, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend

Growing up the oldest of five kids allowed for many years of Santa loot (thank you, mom and dad).  Selfishly, I was more than willing to play into the notion of Santa Clause for my younger siblings.  I don’t remember a lot of my Santa gifts over the years, but I will never forget the year I got my very own CD player.  Below is a picture of this delightful gift that I received when I was about 14.  It is now 16 years later and I just pitched it.  Sad!  It was such a wonderful gift.  It was right when CDs were becoming very popular.  Not only could I play my soon to be purchased CDs, I could still jam out to my cassette tapes (M.C. Hammer anyone?).  The lid for the CD player is not open by choice; it no longer latches on its own.  Also the volume doesn’t really work.  It was time to say goodbye.  I will miss you old friend.  You saw me through many, many phases of music in my life.  You even stood by me during my awful country music phase.  You won’t be forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment