Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blankets

As previously mentioned, I spend my days in a corporate setting.  The rest of my hours are spent being a wife to my studly husband and mother to two wonderful pre-schoolers and a brand new baby, all of whom are attached to their blankets when sleeping or in need of comfort.  We even named said blankies according to their color…greenie, bluey and whitey (very original).  Oh the joy these boogers bring to my life.  My husband and I often look at each other at the end of the day and say, “those are great kids.”  My oldest two have bits and pieces of my personality.  For the most part my four year old is pretty easy going like his father.  Nature could be sending rain, hail and tornados and my husband would still notice the microscopic speck of sunlight off in the distance.  Jadon is very much like this although there are times when he can be a little high strung when reality does not match his very distinct vision (especially when tired).  This pretty much sums me up in a nutshell.  My two year old has a feistiness to her that is matched by a very sensitive heart.  She is very bossy and wants things done her way.  She can cry golf ball size tears in less than a second.  She has a very sensitive heart and is offended easily.  It is so fun to watch them grow up and understand their distinct personalities. 

There are so many things that I dream about for my kids.  I pray for them daily and have a great expectancy over their lives.  I often chuckle when people say, “I just want my kids to be happy.”  This is actually the opposite of what I want for my kids.  Happiness is dependent on your circumstances.  If a person is healthy, has money in the bank for food, clothes and material possessions, has wonderful friends, takes care of their appearance, etc. then they are “HAPPY!”  Oh boy, good for you!  NO!  I want my kids to have joy.  True joy rises above circumstances and says that I am going to change the world regardless of what life is dictating I should be feeling or doing.  I am going to have peace, patience, love, joy, self control, etc in spite of the chaos around me.  THAT is what I want for my kids.  Happiness is simply a fleeting feeling.  It comes and goes.  I want my kid’s future to be built on something much more solid than just happiness.  Oh, I just love the little boogers.

1 comment: