Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weddings

It seems that we have received a ton of wedding invitations over the last year.  I absolutely love weddings!  It is so exciting to see two people come together as one and the limitless possibilities for their life together.  I have wonderful memories of my own wedding, but I would change a few things if I was currently planning my wedding at the age 31 instead of 23.  I was never the type that had reoccurring visions of my perfect wedding as a little girl.  When Marcel and I went about planning our wedding, I really had nothing in mind of how I wanted the day to look.  I just kind of went with the flow and really wasn’t all that picky with my choices (a friend picked my bridesmaid dresses, my mom picked the flowers, etc).  Here is what I would keep the same and what I would do change.

Same:
o        Of course I would keep the same groom J
o        I would definitely still have lavender as my main color.  It is my absolute favorite. 
o        I would keep my dress the same.  I really loved my dress.
o        I would keep the same flowers.  I thought my flowers were really simple, yet so beautiful.
o        I would get fake nails again.  I bite/tear my nails and they are ugly (terrible habit…grandma Enid is probably in heaven asking God how she can get the $10 back that she gave me when I was 12 for temporarily ceasing the habit).


Change:
o        I would get married on the beach.  I think this would be so fun and beautiful!
o        I would definitely change my hair style into something more flowy and natural (to go with the beach theme).  I didn’t really like my hairdo on my actual wedding day.
o        I would get a new photographer and have candid photos of the day.  We had a horrible wedding photographer.  I usually cringe when I look at our wedding photos.  They are terrible.
o        I would write my own vows.
o        I would mention my parents on my wedding invite.  I picked out my wedding invites because we got a discount from the shop that sold me my dress.  I had no idea I was supposed to make mention of parents L  I still feel really bad about that.

Maybe a beach vacation to renew our wedding vows is in order one of these years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment