Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Love Fall

This is a glorious time of year.  If you live in the Midwest, then you too are enjoying some outstanding fall weather.  I have been in the best mood the last week and I think it’s directly correlated to this wonderful weather.  Fall used to be my favorite season, but now it takes a close second to spring (I LOVE the beauty of spring after a harsh mid-western winter).  Here are my favorite things about fall.  What are yours?
·         Back to school excitement
·         Football (even though I don’t have the time to follow football right now, I still love the fact that it is being played all over the country)
·         Halloween (I never cared for this Holiday before having kids…now it is so fun!)
·         Sweatshirts and sweatpants
·         The beauty of the fall colors in nature
·         Pumpkin…pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin candles, carving pumpkins
·         Visiting the pumpkin patch with my family
·         The first pot of chili with a batch of cinnamon rolls (I know my Hemingford friends will understand this…I’ve been told this combination is not common)
·         Thinking about my Christmas shopping (I already have a few gifts bought!)
The only down side of fall?!?  Winter is just around the corner…

1 comment:

  1. I love fall too. It used to be my favorite season but now I am overjoyed with the magic of all four seasons. God is just an amazing creator. Fall reminds me of my dad. The leaf piles and walks, just the two of us, on KU campus when I was young. My favorite parts of fall are the leaves falling and whipping around in the wind and football. I could go on forever. :)

    ReplyDelete