Thursday, November 10, 2011

I’m Wanted

I have a stalker.  One who lurks around my home with her needy eyes and spots my every move.  If I move too far out of her vision, my stalker will take a new position so I am in view.  If a new position cannot be assumed, wailing ensues.  I’m describing the plight of my 9 month old.  She is obsessed with me.  I know, what’s not to love?!?  In any other context (i.e. not a cute baby) this obsession would be downright freaky.  She can’t get enough of me.  Her piercing blue eyes know three views in her short lived life; sparkling and happy in mommy’s presence, bug eyed and worried at the possibility of mommy being gone and drenched in tears with the realization that mommy is in fact gone. 
I wish I could say that this is just the normal separation anxiety phase of her young life, but this is no phase.  This is how Miss Kya has been from day 1.  This is one of the many reasons I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with this sweet baby and be with her all day.  She had to do daycare for a few months when I initially returned to work and it was torture for all of us.  She screamed the ENTIRE day!  I often had a few tears as well.  I know she won’t be like this forever.  It’s sweet to be someone’s entire world.  Even the days when I need a little breather, I still appreciate the fact that I am her mom and her intense love is based on that simple fact.  I’ll remind her of this in about 13 years when her eyes take to a new view of rolling in the back of her head because I am so embarrassing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment