Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Book Picks

I try to read several books each year (try being the key word).  This isn’t some lofty goal to better myself and the world.  I just really love to read.  Anyway, of the books that I read last year, here are my top three favorites that I would highly recommend.  In no particular order:
·         The Help by Katheryn Stockett
This book is wildly popular for good reason.  I thought it was wonderfully written and a beautiful story of standing for something in the face of real danger.  The book really made me reflect on the civil rights period and extremely thankful for those who risked their lives for the greater good.
·         Loving Our Kids on Purpose by Danny Silk
In my opinion, this is a must read for anyone who has children, especially if chaos has replaced peace in your home.
·         Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo
This is another book that has become extremely popular.  This book is simply but beautifully written by Todd Burpo, whose young traveled to heaven in back during a near death experience.  It is such an awesome story of childlike faith.
Hopefully 2012 will prove to be as productive in the reading department.  Happy reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment