Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beautiful Poem

I came across this wonderful poem in a book that I’m currently reading (Choices by Mary Farrar).  It spoke to me and I thought maybe it would speak to you too.  I don’t know why we live this way, but it’s so true!  Smell a rose today J

Present Tense
It was spring…but it was summer that I wanted.
The warm days and the great outdoors. 
It was summer…but it was fall I wanted.
The colorful leaves and the cool, dry air.
It was fall…but it was winter I wanted.
The beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
It was winter…but it was spring I wanted.
The warmth and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child…but it was thirty I wanted.
To be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged…but it was twenty I wanted.
The youth and the free spirit.
I was retired…but it was middle-age I wanted.
The presence of mind without limitations.
My life is over.  But I never got what I wanted!

1 comment: