Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Last Week of Work

So last week was my final week at work.  I've entered retirement at the ripe old age of 31.  My retirement fund will be drawn in the form of dirty diapers and sloppy kisses and I couldn't be more thrilled.  What a STRANGE feeling it was last week knowing that this was my last working Monday, my last working Tuesday, etc.  I've gone from a working mother to a laboring mother.  Now the real challenge begins.

Life for the new few weeks will feel much like a vacation and not a true retirement.  Marcel leaves for a worship conference on Wednesday so my mom is going to spend a few days with us.  When Marcel returns we'll have a few more days of family time before he heads back to school for the year.  And then my sweet Jadon will start kindergarten a few days after that.  The reality of my retirement probably won't sink in until the school year has started and I'll be forced to find my new normal routine with sweetie #1 and sweetie #2. 

I would like to stop and savor this moment.  There will be many things that I miss about working (namely the people), but I have prayed to be a stay at home mom for over 5 years now.  I wept when I was 5 months pregnant with my first at the thought of leaving this little life in someone else's care.  I thank those that have helped me in caring for him along this journey.  Although I would have liked to have been home with him full time, we've had some great ladies in our life who have loved him like their own.  You know who you are and you rock!  My sincerest thank you.

To any of you working mothers out there struggling with the balance of life, kids, mortgages, jobs, family, friends, etc., drop the guilt and drop to your knees.  He has a plan for you and your family and it is grander than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment