Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten, Say What?!?

My oldest little person is officially a kindergartner.  Wow!  There were no tears, only excitement.  I was too excited for him to cry.  I watched my baby with his oversized backpack take the halls to his new found sanctuary; the kindergarten classroom.  It was magical.  I was one of those kids growing up that absolutely loved the start of a school year.  I loved shopping for school supplies, new school clothes, arranging my trapper keeper (my younger readers can Google this) and getting my back pack stuffed just so.  I loved everything about the start of a school year. ..a fresh start, the excitement of learning something new, the chance to see old friends and the idea of being a step higher on the “maturity ladder.”
I pray that my boy keeps his excitement and LOVES the process of learning.  His teacher seems amazing and lucky for him, he has a pretty RAD gym teacher.  Oh the possibilities!        

No comments:

Post a Comment